Calibration Technician (HVAC)
We’re seeking a Calibration Technician for commissioning of HVAC systems in a multinational client’s pharmaceutical facility in Dundalk Co. Louth.
• 2021 Winners of the Apprenticeship Employer of the Year Awards
• SFA Finalists 2022
• Irelands fastest growing calibration provider
• Vibrant diverse growing team
• Equal Opportunities Employer
Interested or want to know more?
Just fill in your details and we'll be in touch.
Primary Responsibilities include:
- Execution of calibrations as per site schedule and site procedures, as directed by the Lead Calibration Technician.
- Execution of scheduled and unscheduled work orders, where appropriate, as per site schedule and site procedures, as directed by the Lead Calibration Technician.
- Troubleshoot problems with instrumentation as necessary and as directed by site supervisors.
- Complete site documentation before and after work tasks, as appropriate.
- Liaise and work with the shift/day maintenance team on all instrumentation calibration issues.
- Liaise with contractors during planned vendor calibrations.
- Participate in the appropriate training.
- Carry out Risk Assessment of instrumentation calibration steps and ensure these are always kept valid.
- Enter calibration certs onto the site Computerized Calibration Management System if applicable, as directed by the Lead Calibration Technician and AI&C engineer.
- All work on site to be carried out in accordance with site EHS (Environmental Health and Safety) and Veolia EHS rules and guidelines.
- Execution of Calibration duties as defined by Supervisor on client locations.
- Ability to work under own supervision on client locations while carrying out calibration activities.
- National Craft Cert qualified in the trade of Instrumentation, or Diploma in Industrial Automation & Controls or Applied Physics and Instrumentation.
- A good knowledge of Calibration Systems and Automation/Controls system.
- Literacy in Computer Operating Systems and applications such as Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint etc.
- Possess excellent Communication, Documentation and Interpersonal skills.
- Have an understanding of basic HVAC operation, e.g. boilers, chillers, pumps and fan systems.
- Needs to be familiar with a preventative maintenance and work order system and understand the importance of its use.
- Complete and close out Work Orders in the CMMS, enter time worked and materials used.
- Track all work and time in CMMS.
- Assist other HVAC Control Technicians.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- Market leading salary
- Company Vehicle (optional)
- Daily Subsistence
- Company Pension Contribution
- Income Protection
- Death in Service Benefit
- Training & Educational Assistance
- Work life Balance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- 21 Days Annual Leave